Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta
1 1/2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 package (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
1 pound skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 jar (14 1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained*
2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta, adding spinach to boiling water for the last one minute.
Cook (in a drizzle of olive oil) and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce and drained tomatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Sir in cream cheese. 
Drain pasta mixture and return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cub mozzarella. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 minutes longer.
Voila!*The first time I made this, I just drained it using the top of the can and hanging it upside down over the sink for a minute. I would suggest doing that since it adds a little more moisture and doesn't drain the can completely. The second time I made it, I actually emptied the contents of the can into a strainer and got most of the liquid out which made the dish slightly dry after I baked it.
Cannot WAIT to try this recipe. Mmmmmmm......
ReplyDeleteLet me know how it turns out! :)
ReplyDeletethis looks SO good thanks for all your recipes! YUM-O!!!!
ReplyDelete