Tuesday, September 8, 2009

20 Questions: My First Pregnancy

1. How old were you when your first child was born?
~ 27

2. What month and year was your youngest child born?
~ July 2008

3. How did you feel when you first found out you were pregnant?
~ I was shocked, had no idea I was pregnant!

4. Who did you tell first?
~ My husband. He thought I was calling him upstairs to kill a spider!

5. How many pounds did you gain during your first pregnancy?
~ I lost 33 in my first trimester!! I weighed 40 pounds more than my lowest weight the day before I gave birth, so I gained only 7 pounds total!!!

6. What did you crave while you were pregnant?
~ Nothing. I was so sick my first trimester it changed my eating habits drastically. I didn't eat very much while I was pregnant. That completely changed after I started nursing, though!

7. Did you find out the gender of your first child? Why or why not?

~ Yes, because I would go nuts not knowing!

8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
~ Severe morning sickness for 14 weeks (week 6 through 20). I was bed-ridden and required to have 24 hour a day IV fluids for 6 weeks of it (week 9 through 15). I could maybe eat two or three bites of food and a couple sips of water each day - It was awful! There was also a good chance of a premature birth due to the shape of my cervix.

9. How much did your first child weigh?
~ 9 pounds 3 ounces - so much for a preemie!

10. Was your first child early, late, or on time?
~ One week late. Her due date was a guess, since getting pregnant wasn't even on my radar, I couldn't remember when I had my last period for the life of me.

11. What is the most difficult challenge or health issue that any of your children have faced?
~ She is healthy as a horse :-)

12. What's your favorite part of being a mom?
~ Growing closer to God through being a mother.

13. Do you think it's easier to be a mom or a dad?
~ Uh, Dad!!!!

14. What is the best piece of advice you could give to someone who is about to have their first child?
~ Buy the Praise Baby DVD set...it is a life-saver!

15. Did you always think you'd have kids?
~ Honestly, I always thought I would have trouble conceiving.

16. What's been the biggest surprise about motherhood?
~ The guilt.

17. Are there things you miss about life before kids?
~ Only having myself to be responsible for while getting ready anytime I had to leave the house!

18. How many children do you have?
~ One, Abby.


19. Do you plan to have any more children?
~ Not sure. I am terrified of being pregnant again but it is up to God! I would love, love, love to adopt though.

20. Who's the mom that you admire most?
~ Single mom's.



No post is complete without pictures!!!


~ 31 weeks ~




~ Minutes after birth ~



~ Two days old ~


No comments:

Post a Comment