Week 1 - one word: FAIL.
The first two days I did really well...until there were bagels at work on Friday. They were the gigantic, fluffy, bread like bagels with cinnamon & sugar on top. I didn't even hesitate. I'm not even going to admit how many I had. It was bad! Then this weekend I got sick and the only thing I can eat when I am sick is Ramen, Mac & Cheese & Vanilla shakes. I'm still sick but I think I can at least start eating better, even if I don't have the energy to work out.
Enough with my excuses! I will have to rev up the next two weeks to make up for this lost first week. My goal will be 3 pounds lost each week for the next two weeks.
Last Saturday, I cleaned my closet. Boy, there are a TON of clothes that I want to wear but don't fit. By the end of this first phase of weight loss, I will be able to fit into a lot of them. I'll post a picture of an outfit I hope to fit into later. I am excited to reach my first goal!
I also calculated my Body Mass Index this weekend. It was 32.4 - YIKES. I'm in the obese category. What?! I am definitely overweight, but obese? Wow. That was an eye opener! So, to be at a healthy weight for my height, I need to lose at least (gulp) 50 pounds. My second phase of weight loss (starting in 2010) will be the next 30 pounds.
So, this first week was a disappointment. I am sure I will have others. I have never stuck with a weight loss plan before so my prayer is to be able to this time. I can not wait to have more energy and not be so tired all the time.
I better go take the clothes off the Elliptical that I had air drying on it!
See you next week - I will have better results then, I promise!
Read my initial Weight Watching Wednesday post
Last week was a big FAIL for me too! I think I need to go day-by-day. If I mess up one day, I'll just have to try to do better tomorrow. So far this week, I've done pretty good. LOl @ your comment about your clothes drying on the elliptical. You mean that isn't what it is for?
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying that we both have some measurable results...soon!
I, too, am tickled at the thought of the clothes drying on your elliptical.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even try this week. So sue me. :)
You guys may all sort of hate me but I have the opposite problem; as in I tend not to eat. Like, at all. Like, ever. Unless I'm in public in which case I have a hard time getting out of eating because when it's time to eat and your in public it's quite awkward when you don't. In which case I struggle with how much food is normal to eat and when have I eaten "enough" and I don't want to eat "too much" but I don't want people to say "You hardly ate." Point being: I will pray for all of your success with healthy eating and exercising. Please pray for me as I struggle yet again (still?) with my anorexic/bulimic tendencies... (sorry to hijack your comments board to air my dirty laundry!!)
ReplyDelete