I gave birth to my daughter 15 months ago. Ever since then, I have had a ferocious appetite. At first, I blamed it on breast feeding. The funny thing is, I gained the most weight after I stopped breast feeding!
So, enough is enough. I am NOT going to buy bigger clothes. I have a problem and I am going to confront it head-on. I binge eat and emotional eat. Food is all I think about. I even sneak food so my husband doesn't see. I am disgusted with myself for these actions. My stomach has been my idol. Phil 3:18-19 says:
"For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things."
I am guilty of this. I am shameful of this. My mind is on food, not eternity. It stops right now.
So, I realize my problem. I acknowledge my problem. I am handing it over to God to fix my problem. I can not do it myself. I submit to Him for healing. I thank Him for loving me and wanting to help me.
Here's the plan:
- I have an 11 week schedule, starting today and ending December 23, 2009.
- Each Wednesday, I will blog about the past week and post how much wight I have lost.
- My goal is to lose 22 pounds, which is 2 pounds a week.
- I am going to exercise daily on my elliptical and eventually work in Pilate's to the routine
- I will do a refined South Beach diet. I can't do the first two weeks, where you eat very little carbs. I have tried it many times, and I turn into a raving idiot! I will, however, limit any bad carbs from the get-go.
My goals are:
1. To be released from the shackles of binge eating and eat better.
2. Weight loss.
3. To be more healthy.
4. To have more energy.
Will you join me on my journey?
Erica, I've watched my weight go up quite a bit over the last few years (and blogged about it as well http://jbemom.blogspot.com/2009/09/im-expanding.html). I think you are making sensible goals and I would love join you and support you during your weight loss journey.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sharon! I think blogging about it will help keep me accountable, even if I slip here and there.
ReplyDeleteI can't promise consistency, but I do need motivation. Keep blogging. I'll try.
ReplyDelete