I just found this poem my husband wrote me for Mothers Day this year. I had to share :)
Was going to buy a card today
but everyone was there,
And so I wrote this poem instead
to show you that I care.
Happy first Mothers Day,
can you believe its true?
For all the love and nurturing,
Abby says "I love you"!
At times you may not seem to think
you have all it takes,
But God has given you all the strength
to guide you through the way.
I love to watch you do the things
that make you a great mother,
so thankful for the love we have,
so grateful for each other.
There is nothing more important
than a mothers love,
And to bring Abby into
a relationship with God above.
Each new day its vital
that a mother starts on her knees,
And to know that God is big enough
to meet all her needs.
A mother needs to know that
her husband holds her dear,
I love you and I'll do a
better job of fighting for you this year.
All my heart and soul I give
to help you on your way,
Want to show you all the love I have
each and every day.
I pray that God will lead us
to His perfect plan,
Happy Mothers Day and I love you
from your loving man!
What a lovely poem! Your hubby is very talented.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sharon. I told my husband what you said! If only he would realize how talented he truly is :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! How sweet!!
ReplyDelete