Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reading the Bible in 90 Days

I'm doing it! I'm signed up to read the Bible in 90 days starting January 3rd. The Spring 2011 session is hosted by MomsToolBox.com and I can not even begin to explain how excited I am for this new endeavor!


MomsToolbox

There are several reasons for my excitement:
  • I will be able to say that I have read through the entire Bible! In the past, I have only read through the New Testament but stopped in the beginning of Revelations and I have read parts of Genesis, all of Ruth, Job, 1 Samuel and part of 2 Samuel.
  • Reading though the entire Bible will grow my roots and give a strong foundation for my walk.
  • I'm anticipating growing closer to God by reading His entire word and learning what His will is for me and my family through this experience.
  • I plan on actually finishing this project! I am the queen of starting things and never finishing. Reading through the Bible in 90 days is completely achievable. I have no excuse to give up.
  • I want to know God more so that I may make Him known! Evangelism has been heavy on my heart for the past year, and I need to know His Word so that I may reach others.
  • I want to be an encouragement in the future to other people going about this same thing. How awesome would it be to be used by God in that way?
With all this excitement, there is also quite a bit of nervousness. Like I said before, I don't finish most things I start. This scares me. I am also easily discouraged. I don't want to fail at this. I am anticipating Spiritual Warfare as I go about this goal. My prayer is that it will strengthen me as I grow in knowledge of God's Word. The time of year that I am doing this is not ideal. I work at an accounting office so this 90 day segment is smack dab in the middle of tax season. Although my job may bring added stress, I am going to put God first in everything I do and give Him the time He deserves.

Will you join me in this Spring 2011 session?

1 comment:

  1. No doubt there will be spiritual warfare over this. But I know you can do it!
    I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete